When you make a purchase from Queenholme Alpacas,
you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of sale.
- Queenholme Alpacas operate a no refund policy. We are unable to offer a refund if you no longer wish to, or are unable to take part in the activity.
- All experiences must be booked in advance through our online booking system.
- In the case of bad weather where your booking may be cancelled, we will contact you early in the morning to notify you. You will then be given the opportunity to book an alternative date that is convenient for you, in the three months from the date of the cancelled walk. Please ensure you include your phone number and email so that we have a means of contacting you.
- Our gates will open 15 minutes before your experience begins, so please do not arrive before this time.
- Any late comers arriving after the experience start time will not be refunded and will miss their experience.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and clothing for the weather and experience. The trek is multi terrain, which can be wet and muddy at times. Footwear should be closed toe and sturdy. Sandals are not appropriate. We will not be held responsible for any damage to clothing.
- Children aged 8+ years can take part in the trekking experience, but will not be able to lead their own alpaca. They can share an alpaca with a responsible adult over 18 years of age. Responsible children 12 years and over can walk their own alpaca.
- There is a maximum of two people per alpaca.
- The treks and experiences take place on our working farm. Please be advised that there may be heavy machinery in operation, therefore walking freely around the farm yard is prohibited. Children MUST be supervised at all times.
- Our Alpaca Trekking Experience is not recommended for pregnant women due to the uneven terrain and the possibility of being kicked by an alpaca. If you are pregnant and would like to proceed with the booking, then we will ask you to sign a disclaimer.
- During the experiences, we will take photos which may be published on our social media pages and on our website. Please let us know prior to the experience if you do not wish your photo to be taken.
- The farm is a non smoking area, and smoking or vaping is not permitted anywhere within the farm or on the trek.
- Hand washing facilities are provided, and those who are accompanying children have responsibility to ensure that hand washing takes place after handling the alpacas.
- Risk assessments have been prepared for all of our activities, and are available to see on request. All of our experiences are considered by us to be safe, providing that participants follow our guidance and instruction at all times. All activities are undertaken at your own risk.
- We take your data privacy very seriously and will only use your information to process your transaction with us. Credit card transactions are made on a secure server with full encryption of all credit card data. Your credit card details and personal information is never shared with any third party or organisation.